Your Five Greatest-Ever Superhero Films

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Your Five Greatest-Ever Superhero Films

Post by JM1776 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:53 pm

I'll get us started.

Honorable Mention: Ant-Man, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Superman II, Wonder Woman

#5 – Spider Man 2: While I enjoy Tom Holland more than either Garfield or Maguire, Tobey gives his best performance in this one; Alfred Molina is one of the most interesting, nuanced villains put on screen to the time, and the film has not yet aged badly.

#4 – The Dark Knight: Yeah, I know. "How is it not number one?" I'm not one of Nolan's slavish devotees. Heath Ledger's characterization was brilliant ... but no matter what others might say, he was not the Joker, and that downgrades the film a bit.

#3 – Thor: Ragnarok: Other than, perhaps, Ant-Man, the single super-hero film that had me laughing out loud and completely immersed all at once.

#2 – The Incredibles: It's been said before, but ... this is what any Fantastic Four film should be, and never has been.

#1 – Captain America: The Winter Soldier: This film literally has no weaknesses, and more heart than any of the above with the possible exception of number two.
Ethical polyamory is an oxymoron.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Your Five Greatest-Ever Superhero Films

Post by Michael » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 am

Here's my list:

#5 - X-Men 2

#4 - Superman (1978)

#3 - Batman Returns

#2 - Avengers: Infinity War

#1 - The Dark Knight
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

sirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Your Five Greatest-Ever Superhero Films

Post by sirus » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:08 am

5. X-Men, how could I not bring up this one. X-Men started this modern trend and even though the Sequels could be hot or miss, this original one is the launching point for what we have today.

4. Iron Man, the one that started this modern era. What a flick. In hindsight it wasn't the best of the MCU, but it was the OG.

3. Avengers Infinity War, by far this was the biggest movie of my lifetime. Endgame could count as part of this one, but I don't like a lot of decisions made in that moment vie. I liked Thor in this movie, but in Endgame it felt like he slid into another new version of the character I didn't really enjoy.

2. Thor Ragnarok, honestly this was the first time in recent memory o hot fully caught up in a comic movie and felt like I was watching a super hero. No real moral ambiguity, just a straight up comic book morality play.

1. Superman 2: The Donner Cut, is there a better example as to how to do a good guy vs bad guy super hero flick? Zod is fun to watch and Supes feels like he's done perfectly. It's just a fun movie.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com