The Mandalorian - season 2

Non Star Trek: Star Wars, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

Moderator: Dancyer McCoy

Forum rules
You are free to offer your opinions on a show, episode, book, film, film series, cinematic universe, etc., as long as it applies to that item, and not to the stated or assumed political views of the producers, writers, actors, key grip, best boy, intern, etc., of said item. In short, you want to talk about a show or movie, talk about the show or movie.

Others are free to disagree with your opinion. (You are not entitled to express your opinion in a vacuum.) BUT that opposing opinion must follow the same requirements above that the original opinion had to follow, as well as not bringing in the assumed political views of the original poster. (I leave out "stated" as they should not state any political position here on STPMA.)

ALSO, do not toss about derogatory labels at someone who offers an opinion in opposition to yours. No name calling, political labels (SJW, etc.,) questioning their humanity, morality, ethics, true fan status, or your assumption they are in the business to protect a certain fandom (gatekeeping, etc.). Again, discuss the show or movie not the politics or motives of another poster.

If you dislike something, it's perfectly fine to say so. However, posting your dislike every time someone else says anything positive about a show or movie, essentially stating the same thing over and over again is not acceptable. If you have something new to add, or are replying to a specific point in someone else's comment, okay. But if it's just to state once again, "IT SUCKS!" Don't.
Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

The Mandalorian - season 2

Post by Michael » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 am

Spoiler:
I have really enjoyed this season of the Mandalorian.

Not only does it have the feel of Star Wars, but it's also expanding on what we've seen previously.

Episode 3 was excellent, probably the best of the series so far. It told its story without any unnecessary fluff, and also brought in a character from The Clone Wars and Rebels, Bo-Katan. It was a nice touch to see the character portrayed by Katee Sackhoff who had voiced her in the animated shows.

However, this week's episode, "The Jedi" was something a lot of fans have been hoping to see for some time--the live action portrayal of Ahsoka Tano. I thought the episode was well done, and Rosario Dawson was excellent as Ahsoka. AND... there was cool lightsaber action! :)

I very much look forward to seeing this show each week.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Mandalorian - season 2

Post by Ronin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:34 am

Spoiler:
Agreed - in spite of some really crazy people trying to overreact to some minor detail plot points... like eating eggs and bewb armor.

I mean if I was going to nitpick anything - I find the headpieces on Bo Katan and Ahsoka more offensive but that's because I can tell that they're wearing headpieces. Couldn't they have spent some more money on costumes to make them more seamless... they blew like 2 million dollars on baby yoda.
There is no teacher but the enemy... and no enemy greater than myself...

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Ronin wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:34 am
Spoiler:
I mean if I was going to nitpick anything - I find the headpieces on Bo Katan and Ahsoka more offensive but that's because I can tell that they're wearing headpieces.
Spoiler:
For me, I simply attribute that to stylistic differences between the animated shows and live action. In Rebels, Vader's armor was different than we saw in the live action films. So that doesn't bother me.
I've now seen season 2 episode 5 several more times, and my enjoyment has grown with each viewing. For me, it feels as if I'm finally back in that galaxy a long time ago and far, far away once again.
-Michael Gray

captainuniverse
Federation Envoy
Federation Envoy

Post by captainuniverse » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm enjoying the new season. I loved the fact that Bo-Katan and Ahsoka Tano made appearances. Is this when I admit that Grogu is Admiral Tattok's son?
My avatar is Captain Weynik, commander of the Defiant-class starship USS Ajax, which is part of the USS Surefoot universe.
https://usssurefoot.blogspot.com/

This photo manipulation was made by FltCpt. Bossco.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Spoiler:
I'm looking forward to see whose attention Grogu attracts if and when they get to the temple on Tython. There are several possibilities as far as Jedi are concerned (Luke, Leia, Ezra, or even Mace Windu). But maybe it won't be a Jedi, but a Sith, or maybe even... the Bendu. :o
-Michael Gray

Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ronin » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Spoiler:
I haven't heard any rumors that they've gotten Tom Baker back for the Mandalorian - so probably not Bendu... but given the time period - the fact they name dropped Thrawn - I'll go with the unlikely prediction of Jorus C'baoth from Legends...

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:36 am

Spoiler:
I enjoyed this week's episode. I was surprised they were going to Tython already. I figured they'd hold that off until the last two episodes of the season. But I loved what they did with the episode. When Slave 1 cruised through the sky I was quite happy, and even more so that they took Boba Fett in a direction I hadn't expected.

I'm very much looking forward to this Friday's episode.
-Michael Gray

Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ronin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Spoiler:
Not one Flesh Raider to be seen on Tython... I'm a little disappointed :D .

Joking aside - Boba was a beast in that episode.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Ronin wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:06 pm
Spoiler:
Joking aside - Boba was a beast in that episode.
I agree!
-Michael Gray

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:57 am

About the last episode of season 2... WOW!!! and WOW!!!
Spoiler:
This episode was amazing! We got some more Boba Fett action, which is always nice, AND that scene with Boba and Bo Katan was incredible! I loved that!

The attack on Gideon's ship was nicely done as well, and Mando's fight with the dark trooper was great!

When Bo and the others got to the bridge and found Gideon wasn't there, I wasn't surprised he was in the brig with Grogo. But the thing I was surprised by was how good a villain this character has turned out to be. No matter what happens (until the end) is he thrown off his game, he's messing with our heroes' minds at every step. When Mando brings him to the bridge in shackles, it's not Mando or Bo who are in control, it's Gideon still playing his manipulation games.

Then there's the arrival of the x-wing. :)

I had figured it would be either Ezra Bridger or Luke. I loved how they held on to the reveal until he makes it to the bridge. Yeah, if you were observant enough, there were clues there to tell you it was Luke, but it was still great when he removed his hood.

And R2 came along too!

The last scene between Mando and Grogo was great, and had the perfect tone for who the characters were and for everything we had seen up to this point.

AND... that post credit scene. That was so good! I can't wait to see what they do with that show.
-Michael Gray

Bry_Sinclair
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by Bry_Sinclair » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am

Had to wait weeks to finally be able to sit down and binge (this move back to weekly new episodes is seriously annoying) in order to fully immerse in the universe and enjoy the saga as a whole, and have to say I wasn't disappointed.
Avatar: Captain Adele Beaumont, [i]U.S.S. Shepard[/i]
Artist: gazomg

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:37 am

Bry_Sinclair wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am
(this move back to weekly new episodes is seriously annoying)
I agree. I much prefer Netflix's method of releasing all of a season at once.
-Michael Gray