Is anyone role playing?

A place for discussion of all forms of Roleplaying.

Moderators: jayphailey, AslanC

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Is anyone role playing?

Post by jayphailey » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:32 am

Is any one Role Playing these days?

Is anyone playing Star Trek?
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Re: Is anyone role playing?

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:10 am

I am presently GMing a LUG Star Trek campaign on a ship called the USS HORIZON.
It's a refitted Nova class, like the USS RHODE ISLAND.
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)

sirus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by sirus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:53 am

I'm a member of two Star Trek RP play-by-post forums. The USS Theurgy and my own USS Augustus.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com

Transom
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Transom » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:31 pm

I just started a game on rdinn.com called Star Trek: Shadows of the Delta Quadrant. Instead of playing single characters, each player actually controls an entire ship that's been brought through space (and possibly time if you choose) to the Delta Quadrant by the third, rogue, Nacene (like the Caretaker and Suspiria). Each ship is designated the best at something so that everyone gets a chance to shine, and we currently still need someone versed in diplomacy. If you (or anyone else!) is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll provide links to the FAQ/OOC and IC threads.

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:56 am

I am playing in two D&D campaigns under the auspices of Wizards of the Coast's Adventure League organization. I enjoy the camaraderie (and find the young Millennials with whom I'm playing to be a good bunch), but consider The Forgotten Realms wildly uninteresting. I don't find the plots engrossing in the least, and the ambient noise when playing in a room with seven or eight other clamoring player-filled tables is distracting, to put it mildly.

We begin preliminary play in a new campaign of my own devising, entitled Holy Land: A Tale of the Crusades, in just a few days. I'll hold the game in my home, which allows me to make it by invitation only, and keeps the noise much more under control.

(Recently, I was appalled to learn, when making a reference to him, that none of them knew who Elric was. I immediately assigned them homework ... and to my amusement, they all jotted notes to do so. Cute kids.)
There's a difference between thinking Brie Larson should consider her words with more care because some of her rhetoric is ill-timed and badly-aimed ... and wanting her to be silent because women should conform to your behavioral standards, then hating on Captain Marvel. One might mark you a curmudgeon; the other brands you a misogynist.

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Post by jayphailey » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:05 am

Well, that's good to hear!

Jay ~Meow!~
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

No, not recently...
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Post by jayphailey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:11 pm

captainuniverse wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm
No, not recently...
Sympathies. Same here

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Post by JaceRidley » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 pm

I was running a sponsored livestream game of D&D 5e through half of last year, guested at Comic Con, etc. But that fell apart. I've done some one-shots and such since. Now I'm busying myself writing for 5e until I get into another game which I may not bother with until after I move...

In the meantime I've spent probably $500 on dice anyway because.... I'm clearly insane.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm

JaceRidley wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 pm
In the meantime I've spent probably $500 on dice anyway because.... I'm clearly insane.
Unless the price of dice has skyrocketed since I last played, that's a lot of dice! :bleek:

Though I last played back in the late 80s, so inflation may have done its nasty on the price of that particular commodity.

And no old guy cracks... ;)

One of my best friends tells me I'm a millennial at heart, and I'm trying to believe her as much as I can despite the gray hairs, and occasional "get off my lawn" fits saying otherwise. [-o<
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Post by JaceRidley » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Michael wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:50 pm
Unless the price of dice has skyrocketed since I last played, that's a lot of dice! :bleek:
I mean, it's a lot of dice. I tend to buy 12 piece sets(2d20, 4d6, 1d2, 1 of each other standard) and they run about $20 a piece) and some 13 piece sets with an extra large 30mm d20 for a little more. But in general... it's a lot of dice. Plus I spent 120 bucks on an 8 set kickstarter for some GORGEOUS new sets from a company I've since become unofficially affiliated with.

Average 7pc sets run about...8-10 bucks or so?
sirus wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:12 pm
Though I last played back in the late 80s, so inflation may have done its nasty on the price of that particular commodity.
It always does. And I buy WAY more than I need. And some metal sets that are more expensive.
sirus wrote:
And no old guy cracks... ;)

No promises. ;)
sirus wrote:
One of my best friends tells me I'm a millennial at heart, and I'm trying to believe her as much as I can despite the gray hairs, and occasional "get off my lawn" fits saying otherwise. [-o<
Nothing wrong with being a millenial. Or a xennial like me. :)

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:20 am

JaceRidley wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 pm
In the meantime I've spent probably $500 on dice anyway because ... I'm clearly insane.
Good for you.

I'm opaquely insane.

Now partially recover your sanity by making a gift of one or two metallic dice sets to your friend Joe, who's not quite so loony or fluid as to spend like that, but loves dice and has never had a metallic set before. :##

Or not. :mrgreen:
There's a difference between thinking Brie Larson should consider her words with more care because some of her rhetoric is ill-timed and badly-aimed ... and wanting her to be silent because women should conform to your behavioral standards, then hating on Captain Marvel. One might mark you a curmudgeon; the other brands you a misogynist.