Is anyone role playing?

A place for discussion of all forms of Roleplaying.

Moderators: jayphailey, AslanC

AslanC
STPMA Founder
STPMA Founder

Re: Is anyone role playing?

Post by AslanC » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:42 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 pm
AslanC wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 pm
I am about to start a new Star Trek Adventures campaign set 1 year after the events of Wolf 359.
NEAT! Please keep us updated.
Sadly that was a year ago and the campaign lasted 3 sessions before it fell apart. Star Trek has just lost a lot of momentum for us, and the younger players who joined don't watch Star Trek, they don't like Star Trek, and they want to play only D&D or Star Wars. Sadly that's the way it is these days at my table.

:(

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Post by jayphailey » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Sympathies. Are you gaming currently?

I'd like to hear about Star Wars if that's what you're running
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Post by JM1776 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:37 am

I am now running two games: Holy Land: A Tale of the Crusades, and Dawn of Darkness: The Viking Age.

I use a variant of D&D, but ... I'm much less a stickler for RAW, and far more about Rule of Cool. I despise meta-gaming with the fury of a thousand suns, almost as much as I do power-gaming and min-maxing.

The games are far more cerebral than the overwhelming majority of Dungeons & Dragons campaigns I myself have experienced. I'm too old for hack 'n' slash (not that it isn't a valid gaming style if that's what you enjoy).

Ironically enough, both games go on hiatus after Halloween, because I'm too busy during Open Enrollment to devote the time each deserves.

We'll be back the weekend of December 12th.
"'Well, now that we have seen each other,' said the unicorn, 'if you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you.'"