Paramount Pictures seek to end rpgs as we know them!

A place for discussion of all forms of Roleplaying.

Moderators: jayphailey, AslanC

JaceRidley
-The Captain-
-The Captain-

Re: Paramount Pictures seek to end rpgs as we know them!

Post by JaceRidley » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:35 am

4 months later and some people still aren't getting this was a joke?

That's magic in a cheetah print coat, Just a slip underneath it I hope
Asking if I can have one of those, Organic cigarettes that she smokes
Wraps her lips round the Mexican coke, Makes you wish that you were the bottle
Takes a sip of your soul and it sounds like…

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:30 am

JMaxwell wrote:4 months later and some people still aren't getting this was a joke?
i hadn't even heard of it until 2011...this originally came out like april 2010 :oops:
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

collierctr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by collierctr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Our Costco used to sell Kirkland coffee mocha drinks in 8 paks of bottles that were very similart to a Starbucks product they sold for like $5 more a pak. hey don't anymore. I was told by the employees Starbucks put the fear of something unmentionable (lawyers no doubt) and they stopped. Don't know what happened to all those unsold kirkland drinks maybe they had to ship them to another planet or something. Hate to think they had to destroy them, or that the Starbucks made them 'pour it on the ground or you're under arrest'.
"THERE IS NO SANCTUARY!"

McManus
Banned
Banned

Post by McManus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 pm

collierctr wrote:Our Costco used to sell Kirkland coffee mocha drinks in 8 paks of bottles that were very similart to a Starbucks product they sold for like $5 more a pak. hey don't anymore. I was told by the employees Starbucks put the fear of something unmentionable (lawyers no doubt) and they stopped. Don't know what happened to all those unsold kirkland drinks maybe they had to ship them to another planet or something. Hate to think they had to destroy them, or that the Starbucks made them 'pour it on the ground or you're under arrest'.
I doubt Starbucks would be able to threaten Kirkland with anything -- lawyers or otherwise. Company's make similar (if not exact) copies of products to compete with each other all the time.
Unless otherwise stated all of my images are FREE TO USE. If you plan to use them with the Obsidian Fleet let me know beforehand so that I can make sure it doesn't conflict with someone I am going to use. I make pictures for everyone to enjoy (<-- is that better?)

Ezri
Commander
Commander

Post by Ezri » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

JMaxwell wrote:4 months later and some people still aren't getting this was a joke?
With unknown amount of RPG's dealing with Star Trek, within the United States and from all around the world. I just do not see Paramount Pictures going all over the place to get money from any RPG site. Since, most collapse after start-up within a few months in the first place. Second, they can re-start a new RPG site within day from a different site. Paramount Pictures has done a very poor job with building new television show or movies in the first place. Most science fiction movies are with "Bad Robot" and a host of others. Really, when was the last time Paramount Pictures really made a movie without help? Going after RPG's just shows how poor Paramount Pictures is.

Time for Paramount Pictures to sell Star Trek to people that really understand how to make a movie and how to make Science Fiction.
Underworld Awaking January 20, 2012

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 pm

For crying out loud... :roll:

Thread locked.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"