The Introduce Yourself Thread

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.
Wolfie
Crewman 1st Class
Crewman 1st Class

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread

Post by Wolfie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Moogie wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome! ^_^

I'm not surprised to hear that Deep Space 9 fans are the minority. As I understand, that show stands out as slightly different from all the others since it's focused on a station, rather than a single ship. I think it's part of why I love it though. I've also been told it does the best with continuous storylines over episodes, but don't have too much comparison at the moment!

We'll be watching Voyager next, actually!

It's kind of nice to have so much show to watch. I'm a binging sort, rather than a weekly episode kind of person. Too impatient. >>
Binging...haha, best way to go! :D

I think that people didn't like Deep Space 9 as much because it had a darker theme than the rest of Star Trek. Coupled with, like you said, the fact it was a station, that made it unique. DS9 is a very close second behind Voy for me, though. hehehe

Saber55
Crewman 1st Class
Crewman 1st Class

Post by Saber55 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm

:##
Last edited by Saber55 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

An-Gel Sakura
Alpha Goth Chick From Hell Moderator

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 am

Saber55 wrote:Hi, I'm Saber55. I wish they would have done a series 1 to 5 years after star trek VI. Not nessasarily with Kirk and crew. Maybe have George Cooney as capt or xo and excelsior class ship but not the USS excelsior.
You're going to fit right in. \:/
Welcome aboard. (\angel/)
That which does not kill me ......BETTER RUN DAMN FAST !!! (\angel/)

VT45
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by VT45 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 am

Hi, I'm VT45. I'm actually the same person as VulcanTrekkie45, but I can't access that account anymore because I guess I still had that set to my college email which I haven't had access to for almost 7 years now, so couldn't log back in when I lost my password. But for some reason this username worked as a login (I have no idea when I created it or why, but there we go). If it's possible to merge the two accounts that'd be awesome, but I don't know if that's possible.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm not sure I can merge them. I'll have to look into that.
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

VT45
Crewman 2nd Class
Crewman 2nd Class

Post by VT45 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 am

That'd be awesome, thanks. \:/ [-o<

An-Gel Sakura

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:59 pm

VT45 wrote:Hi, I'm VT45. I'm actually the same person as VulcanTrekkie45, but I can't access that account anymore because I guess I still had that set to my college email which I haven't had access to for almost 7 years now, so couldn't log back in when I lost my password. But for some reason this username worked as a login (I have no idea when I created it or why, but there we go). If it's possible to merge the two accounts that'd be awesome, but I don't know if that's possible.
Your still welcome here.
A member by any other name would still smell as sweet. :cheer:

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 pm

ambie/ambessalion back with a new name amehatrekkie

and welcome to all the newbies
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

Drake
Plain Old Captain
Plain Old Captain
Location: USS Vanguard NCC-91000 (currently operating in the Florida sector)

Post by Drake » Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 pm

I am back and you have my condolences. I'm one of those DS 9 "minority" fans. Mostly harmless. Carry on!
“I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harms way.” – John Paul Jones

"Ooops... the navigator just told me I'm drifting off subject again. Damn my old thrusters!"

Chomh sean leis an cheo agus níos sine faoi dhó. (As old as the mist and older by two.)

An-Gel Sakura

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 am

Drake wrote:I am back and you have my condolences. I'm one of those DS 9 "minority" fans. Mostly harmless. Carry on!
We missed you and welcome back! (\angel/)

richiewilch
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by richiewilch » Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 am

Hello

Several years ago I was a member here. I recently started running a pbem rpg again, and something reminded me of this site and I'd thought I'd check back in and take a look around. I tried to log in again, but I couldn't remember what my username and password was. I tried the forgotten password link, with what I thought the username might be, but I kept getting a message saying something like user information not found. I read the FAQ page, and spotted that my account could have been deleted because of inactivity. I figured given that it is a good while ago since I last used the site, this was highly likely. When I tried to reregister as suggested, I had an error along the lines of my email address was in use.

Anyway... so I used a different email address to reregister, and now I'm back.

Keep up the terrific art folks, I always enjoyed the work that was done here.

An-Gel Sakura

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:50 pm

richiewilch wrote:Hello

Several years ago I was a member here. I recently started running a pbem rpg again, and something reminded me of this site and I'd thought I'd check back in and take a look around. I tried to log in again, but I couldn't remember what my username and password was. I tried the forgotten password link, with what I thought the username might be, but I kept getting a message saying something like user information not found. I read the FAQ page, and spotted that my account could have been deleted because of inactivity. I figured given that it is a good while ago since I last used the site, this was highly likely. When I tried to reregister as suggested, I had an error along the lines of my email address was in use.

Anyway... so I used a different email address to reregister, and now I'm back.

Keep up the terrific art folks, I always enjoyed the work that was done here.
Welcome back! Any idea what you user-ID use to be? (\angel/)

Mustang
Crewman 3rd Class
Crewman 3rd Class

Post by Mustang » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Hello everyone,

my name is Michael and I've only really just found this place. I apologise about this being brief but I don't share much about myself. I'm from New Zealand and I love doing 3d modelling, artwork and Star Trek story writing.

I am happy to have found this place as it has tied together most of my passions into one place. Look forward to chatting with all of you.

-MGS

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome to STPMA, Mustang!
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

An-Gel Sakura

Post by An-Gel Sakura » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:30 am

Mustang wrote:Hello everyone,

my name is Michael and I've only really just found this place. I apologise about this being brief but I don't share much about myself. I'm from New Zealand and I love doing 3d modelling, artwork and Star Trek story writing.

I am happy to have found this place as it has tied together most of my passions into one place. Look forward to chatting with all of you.

-MGS
New Zealand? One of the very few places I haven't lived, or been to.
Big Lucy Lawless, "Xena, warrior princess " fan! =D>

Welcome aboard friend! (\angel/)