Current topic: The United Monarchy of Israel and Judah
1. (1 point) The city of _________ was controlled by the Jebusites before David captured and made it the capital of his then-small but burgeoning empire.
2. (2 points) In Canaanite kingdoms, including Solomonic Israel, the position and authority of queen was held not by the monarch's wife or even one of his concubines, but instead this member of his family. (Bathsheba is the most famous example in this tradition; she was Solomon's ______.)
3. (3 points) Uriah, first husband of Bathsheba, was not a native of Canaan, but instead hailed from a land to the north—whose people, under their greatest king, Muwatalli II, are most famous for fighting Egypt under Rameses II in the first major battle of world history, at Kadesh. They were the ________.
4. (4 points) David's elite soldiers have often been known by this alliterative phrase.
5. (5 points) Which of King David's sons died of a bad hair day?
6. (6 points) What king, infamous for promising to chastise his people "with scorpions", succeeded Solomon, and presided over the breakup of the Israelite Empire?
7. (7 points) According to legend and tradition, Solomon and the Queen of Sheba gave birth to a son who became the first leader of a powerful North African kingdom. For three points, identify it, and for four more, name him.
First player to fifty points earns one of the following:
- A photomanipulation of any actor or actress into the Trek uniform of their choice, on any topical background desired
- Their preferred character, whether one of mine or their own, featured as a lead character in a new Liberty story of my own creation
- One of my infamous Trek-related rants, on a subject of their choosing