BBC Sound effect library

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.
RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

BBC Sound effect library

Post by RIP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:59 pm

To anyone who might be interested: The BBC is opening their sound effect library to the public, specifically for personal, educational or research purposes. Basically it's a CC - NC - BY license.

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk

In case of wishes to use sounds for public or commercial purposes, one can legally use the youtube sound library. It has a CC-O license.

For example these come in handy for short videos with content that is important to you which you can now legally use. Yay!
Life is very similar to boxing. Defeat is not declared when you fall down. It's declared when you can no longer get up.

Some people just want to watch the world burn... not because of the pretty colors but because after the fire, there comes rejuvination.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: BBC Sound effect library

Post by Michael » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Thank you!!! 8)

I have been hunting these down for decades. (I used the BBC sound effects off of LP in college for several recording projects.) Had found years ago that getting them on CD was way too costly. But this is fantastic.

Now to go through the 641 pages of titles. :)
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

Post by RIP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:24 pm

I am currently educating adults in simple forms of video editing and therefore on a constant quest to find good sources of legal material. If you are interested, the artist Moby offers his music licenses for free as well.You simply have to fill out the form, tell him what you plan to do with it and within 2-3 days you will recieve a reply. If you need more sources likes this, I am happy to share as I find them.

http://blog.mobygratis.com
Life is very similar to boxing. Defeat is not declared when you fall down. It's declared when you can no longer get up.

Some people just want to watch the world burn... not because of the pretty colors but because after the fire, there comes rejuvination.

Michael
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by Michael » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:48 pm

RIP wrote: If you need more sources likes this, I am happy to share as I find them.
Please do.

And thank you! :/
-Michael Gray
"In Great Deeds Something Abides"

RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

Post by RIP » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Are you aware of Pixabay? Nice CC-O picture archive. In theory an artist could upload an image under a false account and sue everyone who subsequently downloads and uses his images to gain a profit but he would have a sorry time proving anything. Also, following EU law, images of people may be subject of specil scrutiny.

Damn. I sound like a friggin' lawyer don't I... :roll:

amehatrekkie
-the weird one-
-the weird one-

Post by amehatrekkie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 am

i found a sound effect website last year where you can download sci fi audio for free with an account.
Ahmie K-[ay][aka Adam Kriegel], Captain of the Department of Weird yea i'm weird
STPMA WORLDBUILDING EXPERT[ RIP MJ!!] Normal people scare meAging is inevitable, maturity is optional
https://imgur.com/a/bUvNm

RIP
Klingon Moderator
Klingon Moderator

Post by RIP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Really? Do you happen to remeber which site that was? :)

Quoshara
Klingon Admin
Klingon Admin

Post by Quoshara » Thu May 03, 2018 9:34 pm

Ooooh, that's awesome, RIP. Thanks so much for posting!
*~Quo~*

Fic ahoy!

Well, damn....what should I write next? Hmmmmmmmm......