(Major Spoilers) The Smartest Move in any Star Wars Movie

Discussion about pretty much anything - except politics and religion

Moderators: Michael, Quoshara

Forum rules
The General Discussion Forum is for topics that do not fall into categories covered by other forums. However, religion and politics are off limits. Also, flaming, trolling, and spam will not be allowed in General Discussion.

In Rest In Peace (RIP) threads, bashing on the recently deceased is not allowed.

Please note - Threads in the General Discussion forum auto prune after 260 days of inactivity.
JM1776
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Re: (Major Spoilers) The Smartest Move in any Star Wars Movie

Post by JM1776 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 pm
The problem is, when I watch a thing, I always bring Jay with me!
How's that workin' out for ya?
"Introduce me to that big blonde ... she's got a touch of Tuesday Weld."

jayphailey
Moderator, RPG
Moderator, RPG

Post by jayphailey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:56 pm

JM1776 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm
jayphailey wrote:
The problem is, when I watch a thing, I always bring Jay with me!
How's that workin' out for ya?
I am still alive and I still watch movies. Not sure how else to respond! How's Joe doing?
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

sirus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sirus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:29 pm

jayphailey wrote:
Okay. Interesting point. The problem is, when I watch a thing, I always bring Jay with me!
I can understand, but I think it's a dangerous thing to praise a movie for something not in the movie. It's fine if you can visualize the scene and that scene is awesome, but the fact that it's not there means that that scene exists only for you. And it creates a false version of the movie. It means "your version" will be better than "my version". And given how often this has happened in recent movies and shows, scenes that would make the story better only existing in the minds of the audience, and how often people defend movies using those scenes, it has resulted in a firm policy on my side. Do not do the writing for the writers. If they didn't put it there, it's not there.
From ignorance lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to immortality

ryjuda.deviantart.com