ST: CITADEL - Ships

A place to post ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories for the ST: CITADEL shared-universe.

Moderator: Michael

Forum rules
For discussion of ideas, casting, ships, images, and stories of the ST: CITADEL shared-universe. Please observe all requests by thread originators concerning the level of feedback/critique they seek. (11/15/16 - I have received a request to lock this subforum. If there is a desire to unlock it again, please contact me by PM. Thanks. - Michael)
AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

ST: CITADEL - Ships

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 pm

I'll post some images from which to draw inspiration...

First up is the USS Espero:

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Re: ST: CITADEL - Ships

Post by captainuniverse » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:43 pm

:JD

I think I'm in love. =P~ \Y/
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché
Location: Aboard USS Marshal Martz, NCC-78506 (though physically in Jamestown, NY)

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 am

I'll post one of the Hammersley later.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:11 am

Okay, so I'm doing the Blount Island first.

Derisively called the "Frankenstein class" by its detractors, the David Porter class construction vessel is a heavily-modified Ambassador class spaceframe. With much of the interior space converted to house industrial replicators and other construction equipment, the class has proven to be an economical alternative to a scratch-built construction vessel.

There are currently 22 David Porter class vessels in service.

(The registry number, NCC-32226, is derived from the ZIP code of the port of Jacksonville, Florida, of which Blount Island is a part.)

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am

Nice work on the Blount Island, John.

I should have something to add to 'Let It Rock' tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. \Y/
"All of Time and Space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?"

"Geronimo!"

Thanks to FltCpt. Bossco for my Tattok avatar. This is Tattok when he assumed the position of Commander-in-Chief, Starfleet in the year 2411.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 am

No worries.

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 am

I did have an idea for a ship design that we could use for Citadel, John. I found it at Deviant Art and since it's modeled on the Constitution class refit, I wanted to see what you thought. It was rendered by a guy named Dave Metetlis (I don't know if I spelled his name right). He calls it the Pallada class.

I also found an undated Antares class that I thought could be used as a Federation freighter if you're interested. Maybe this could be the Turner Joy?

It was done by Hummakavuula.

- Cap

"Geronimo!"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:48 am

Both look promising. I just have to get my hands on the meshes for them... Unfortunately, neither is available.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 am

Here's one that may figure into some future stories:

Formerly the Armidale-class corvette USS Sentinel, NCC-10244, this vessel was presented to the Intaran people as a gift from the United Federation of Planets, rather than being broken up or sold on the civilian surplus market. Unlike a "de-militarized" version, the Sentinel retains full Starfleet rated phaser emplacements and sensor suite.

Renamed UIS Sentinel, UIS-4, the vessel serves as an advanced training vessel/system patrol ship, augmenting the current Starfleet presence in the Intar system.

(It is unknown whether additional ships will be given, lent/leased or bought on the surplus market.)

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice. I'd be interested to see how an Intaran crew works out. :-k (\gorn/)

"Geronimo!"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm

So would I.

While not a ship, I found this out on the net and it just screamed for a Starfleet makeover:

(Giving proper credit)
DMI production
Author : Fabrice Heillouis
E-mail : dmi@libertysurf.fr

(Hopefully the author will grant his permission, else this image may be going away soon...)

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 am

A couple more shots of the Digger Bee:

captainuniverse
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by captainuniverse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Nice ground version of the Workbee, John. \Y/

"Geronimo!"

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Not my work, but thanks. Once I figure out how to actually animate the thing, I may do some action shots.

AdmiralSirJohn
Federation Attaché
Federation Attaché

Post by AdmiralSirJohn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 pm

YES! WE HAVE OFFICIAL PERMISSION! The author likes the Digger Bee.

And he's even made an aminatable version, so I'll be doing some action shots soon.